Monday 31 December 2018

#52Ancestors, Week 52, Resolution


Resolution
/rɛzəˈluːʃ(ə)n/
noun

1.      a firm decision to do or not to do something.
"she kept her resolution not to see Anne any more"
synonyms: intention, resolve, decision, intent, aim, aspiration, design, purpose, object, plan;
2.     the quality of being determined or resolute.
“he handled the last British actions of the war with resolution"
synonyms: determination, purpose, resolve, firmness, decision;

It is that time of year again. Time to reflect, evaluate, re-evaluate and plan.

It has been another year of change as well as achievement. Moving interstate, not giving up hope, completing my Diploma and securing employment.

There have been adventures and discovery; trips to two other states and then a road trip through three states to reach my new home.

Celebrations and time spent with special people; birthdays, anniversaries, Christmas.

Study has kept me busy, and blogging too.

But what of 2019, the coming year ?

I think there might not be another blog challenge – these last two years have certainly kept me busy and made me think about WHO my ancestors were, HOW they lived and WHAT was important to them. But it has taken some of the spontaneity out of blogging at the same time. (Never say never though...)

I hope there will be some more travel and exploration,

I want some stability, in employment and residence,

I want to read more – the books I have read in the last three months have me yearning for more. (The Travelling Cat Chronicles - Hiro Arikawa, The Atomic Weight of Love - Elizabeth J. Church, Wonder - R.J. Palacio, The Orphan Train - Christina Baker Kline, We Can Make a Life - Chessie Henry, Educated - Tara Westover.)

I want to try to organise some of my filing – on paper and digitally – so that there is some form of consistency which will make it easier to retrieve information.

I’d like to knock down a couple of research brick walls. Get back another generation on some of those lines.

Examine DNA results and determine just how some of those matches are related on paper.

I want my own space.

I think I’m going to take a leaf out of a friend’s book and plan 60 new or favourite and fun things to do throughout the year. Because why not ?

Happy New Year followers, friends, family and fellow bloggers.
May 2019 be good to you all !

No comments:

Post a Comment