Monday 31 December 2018

#52Ancestors, Week 51, Nice


So the previous post was “Naughty”, and now this one is “Nice” – it fits with the Christmassy theme, but it still isn’t helping.

Nice is a bit of a non-descript word; hard to define as I think it means different things to different people. Nice what or who…or could it be Nice, France ?

When I think about it, everyone in my family could be categorised as nice. They are mostly considerate and amiable, respectful and accepting of others. I don’t even think there is anyone who could be considered Grinch-like or Scrooge-like. Some were reputed to be grumpy, tetchy even cantankerous – but does that mean they weren’t nice ?

All families have characters and idiosyncrasies, some become “in-jokes”. Families are made up of people we don’t choose to be in the circle, and for the most part everyone gets on.

Perhaps that it is all I can write.

I have a nice GREAT family.
We enjoyed a nice wonderful holiday together.
They are the best people.
They mean the world to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment