Sunday 1 August 2021

It's August again

 You know what that means - it's Family History Month in Australia and New Zealand.

Last year I challenged myself to do an A - Z Blog challenge through the month. So I have been wondering what to do this year. First I thought I could do one for every day, highlight someone's marriage, birth or life but when I checked my tree it looked like it would be pretty tricky and that some of the August people were way way out on branches quite distant to me.

Then I thought why not do the same as last year and choose different words, families, names...then I cross refernced my new list with last year's posts and heaps of them were the same or very close. So that might be repetitive.

Now what, you're thinking.

Occupations ! That's what.

That is going to be a challenge in itself because some letters have very limited number of occupations and some have lots of to choose from but nobody in my tree who can fit the bill. How many of us have knocker-ups (people paid to wake up factory and mill workers in northern England for early shifts) or umbrella makers or zoologists in our trees waiting for their story to be told.

Suggestions welcome, I might need to be a bit creative and use some lateral thinking. But I'm willing to give it ago. Maybe I will just wander completely off topic for those tricky letters.  So same as last year 26 letters through the month posted one a day, except for Sunday and we will be at the 31st before you know it !

No comments:

Post a Comment