Wednesday 17 July 2019

What is your favourite food ?

I will tell you something I just learnt.

Possums like parsley. 

In particular they are loving ours ! 

In Bendigo it just grew and grew and was out of control. Here it has been more of a struggle. The heat we thought.

Since moving though, it has just been decimated. I couldnt work out what was going on - I even bought a new plant.

Next day. No Leaves. Just stalks.

Pesky little devils.



Time to look for a cloche or something to stop them having a feast.

Other than that revelation, things are going well. We are enjoying exploring the new neighbourhood and deciding where to hang artwork and photos on the walls.

Winter has arrived. Well winter in a Queensland manner of speaking. It is definitely nowhere near as cold as what we are used to, but it is cooler. A decidedly bitey cold wind some days, but we still haven't felt the need to break out the puffer jackets, gloves and beanies to look like a local.

I have been back on the job search treadmill again since the end of May, but have a temp assignment to start in a day or two and run for a couple of weeks. Hopefully there are some other more promising roles on the horizon.

I've been enjoying going to a regular trivia quiz night since moving and hope to get to a few more of the walks with the walking group I have joined. I have also been trying to organise a regular meet up for current and past students from the UTAS Diploma I studied. So far we have had three meetings and it is fun to share study stories, research and help each other. I've joined the Genealogical Society too and been to a couple of meetings.

Last week I caught up with several friends, some who live here and others who were visiting. Some from past jobs in New Zealand and some from jobs here. And there are more in the pipeline.

It's all about networking - right ?

All I really need now is a job....so that I can have holidays - lol. Isn't the ultimate purpose of working a means to fund your out of work life ? If it is something that you truly love as well, surrounded by great people it is even more perfect.

Surely it is my turn soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment