Saturday 21 October 2017

#52Stories, Week 42, What do you believe are the necessary ingredients and habits for a good, moral, purposeful life ? How are you striving to live up to those ideals ?


Hmmm, these topics I have chosen for October are a bit deep and meaningful. I will see if I can stick with what I chose for the whole month !

Here is my list of the necessary ingredients and habits for a good, moral, purposeful life:

Honesty
Education
Acceptance
Respect
Tolerance
Trust
Mindfulness
Love
Hope
Curiosity
Diversity
Community
Solace

We should all harbour some intolerance to be able to facilitate change, but should not allow that intolerance to consume our lives or take away OUR enjoyment in life or alter the way that we see people and treat them if they or their actions and beliefs are different to ours.

How am I doing ?

I think I am fairly honest and open about my beliefs and feelings.
I respect others, accept their differences of opinions or beliefs.
I welcome diversity.
I am curious about the world and my surroundings.
I enjoy being part of a community.
I make time to do things for me – alone.
I include activities daily that allow me to practice mindfulness.
I like the simple things, no waste, good food, nature...
I try not to be negative, but to always see opportunities instead.
I love those who are near and dear to me.
I cannot change the world.
I can choose my own path.

I have hopes and dreams…

No comments:

Post a Comment