Still, we are comfortable enough - even though the kitchen is a nightmare (ONE power outlet and a rubbish oven), and the water pressure in the bathroom is pretty much a joke. I just don't get landlords who spend nothing on their property. Don't they realise it would increase resale value, and maybe even get better tenants in the future ?
Psst, been here a month and only just realised we can see this from where we park the cars. Doh !
Also have noticed a few other things about life up here in the big smoke:
- The traffic isn't as bad as what everyone tells you
- There are amazing parks - everywhere !
- Public transport is pretty good, so far
- Farro is like Moore Wilson but there are more of them
- There is an ACTUAL Park and Ride (at the airport) - like a real one as in "they are everywhere in the UK"
- The dawn chorus is really noisy - it is ages since we've been woken by such chatty avians
- There are birds everywhere, I'd forgotten how noisy Mynahs are since there are none in Wellington or the South Island
- It rains - we've had more precipitation in a month than we had in the whole year we were in Christchurch. Mostly only drizzly showers, but a few proper heavy downpours. I've missed that.