Saturday 22 February 2020

#52Ancestors, Fresh Start


So, Fresh Start.

This was the topic for week one this year, but here I am, tackling it now.

Isn’t every morning that you wake up the opportunity to make a fresh start ? Erase the mishaps and misgivings of the previous day and set your sights on today and tomorrow’s goals. My life seems to be full of fresh starts recently. New cities, new suburbs, new countries, new states, new houses, new jobs.

I would really LOVE my next fresh start to be in a permanent role, but temping offers the opportunity for frequent fresh starts. Finding my ways to new parts of the city, learning and mastering new processes and systems, forging and building relationships with team members and colleagues.

I guess there are plenty of others in my tree who have made at least one fresh start at some point of their lives. The obvious ones would be those who took a chance on emigration, a new life with new opportunities in a country at the other end of the planet.

Getting back to blogging regularly is going to be my fresh start goal of 2020. I’ve had enough of moving and changing in every other aspect – I just want some good ol’ humdrum normality now.

…however, if I happened to win Lotto…what a fresh start THAT would be !

No comments:

Post a Comment