I happened across this thought reading a post/article in Substack. Substack is a platform where I have been lurking but have not completely grasped yet. I want to be there; I just can’t work it out. LOL.
A fellow genealogist wrote examining the direct ancestors of her children. Where were they one hundred years ago, in 1926? What was happening in their lives? For her children there were 31 ancestors alive in 1926, some yet to meet and become life partners, others still to emigrate to what would become their new home.
There is a challenge, I thought.
Turns out, my daughter has just 24 direct ancestors who were alive in 1926. I suspect the original poster, and her children are likely older than me and my daughter.
None of my daughter’s grandparents feature in the list. Three of them though would be born by the end of that third decade in the 20th century, actually all three in an eleven-month space of time. Her fourth grandparent would not be born until near the end of the following decade.
Her living ancestors ranged in age from eighteen to eighty-four and lived in three different countries.
I have pondered how to present them; oldest to youngest, youngest to oldest, location based, generationally, as couples…but have decided on youngest to oldest (I think).
And starting today, if I can keep up, by the end of September you may have met them all.
No comments:
Post a Comment